9/7/08

The Hot One on the Beach - 3

read previous part...

So I'm sitting here on the beach with the hottest One EVER at my side. She just told me the secret of life and I am having a ball realizing how awesome life really is. Tornado, my 5-year-old wired cousin from hell (ok, I take that back - my sweet cousin from heaven) is busy counting the grains of sand on the beach [what a dork! - ok I take that back - what a cutie pie].


Most of the questions I have about life, birds and bees (and the 'emerald-eyes' girl in my class) have vanished completely from my mind. While we are on the subject of girls, I have to tell you that the girl I just mentioned - she and me are like... like... -have it- on! Like ... we are on the same wavelength, if you know what I mean! you know.. like ... we are like seeing each other.

ok, ok, we are not really seeing each other - she did however look in my direction once when we were in the chemistry lab; and winked. Yes, winked! Not once, but several times. ok, ok, she didn't really wink, but blinked - she had an allergic reaction to a chemical that was dropped on the floor. But so what? She still did look in my direction, didn't she? ok, ok, it was I who dropped the chemical on the floor. You should have seen...

What?! oh, you want me to stop my blabbering and ask some good questions while the Hot One is still around - not a bad idea I must say, not a bad idea at all.

One question pops in to my head - I turn to the Hot One and ask, "So what's the deal with the Guru? If we are all one why do .."

But before I finish my profound question...

~snap~

I am ... standing in the middle of the Ocean! Whoa! What happened?! I can't move! It's dark all around, only the wave crests are white with the reflection of the moon. I can't move anything ... except my eyes a bit - even those barely. OMG! What happened? And it's freezing!! Am I dreaming?! I am going to try to move eyes downwards to see what I am standing on - it's weird out here in the middle of the dark Ocean.

OMG! OMG! I see a thing sticking out where my nose should be.... it's a CARROT!!! And my cheeks are all white ... I... am.. am.. a SNOWMAN!!! A SNOWMAN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN!!! THIS IS CRAZY!! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS? A SIMPLE QUESTION!! I CURSE THE BUMPER STICKERS WHICH SAY "QUESTION AUTHORITY" AND...

WHAT?! OH?!!! YOU WANT ME TO CALM DOWN?!! CALM DOWN MY ... ... OMG OMG DO I STILL HAVE AN...

OK, OK, you have a point. What does my Kundalini yoga teacher always say? "Mul Bandh!" (no! not sure if that's possible in these circumstances) ... "Deep inhale deep inhale"... but HOW DO I INHALE THROUGH A CARROT?!.. I'M DYING. GOODBYE READERS, HELLO GRAN-DADDY!

This is probably the last half-story I will write. Oh, why did I listen to you readers?! You sitting in your cozy chairs somewhere warm and I, freezing my butt off (if I still have one - and mine is/was a really good one!) and have a carrot for a nose ... and... and what ELSE has been substituted by a vegetable? OMG?!! Dear readers, save me.. the girl with emerald-eyes.. ohhh, she really looked in my direction... really! I wasn't lying about that...

ok, ok, I got to calm down - I can't go out like this! Dear readers, please tell my sister that I really thinks she awesome - I only say mean things about her because I'm.. I'm jealous! Please tell the Principal that it was I who painted her poodle pink. I am getting really cold...really cold... and last thing, my blog's password is....

Wait a minute... I see something rising right in front of me. It's like an iceberg! It's getting to be dawn too, so I can see a bit better. The tip of the iceberg is a few feet away from me. It's directly in my vision, so I can't help but look at it. And... and, I hear a sound. Oh... it's the most beautiful sound! I'm melting into this sound. The sound is getting stronger and more beautiful. And more subtle. It's .. it's bliss! Bliss! Bliss! I am melting. I am in bliss. I am bliss! I love it! I love me; I love you. Love, love... Oh, I can't take this - it's too wonderful! I am melting, I am melting. This is not possible. This is too beautiful! I can't ... I can't.. describe it.... I'm melting into the sound and the waves below me. Ah, the warm, warm embrace of the waves... They gush over me... I am going into the water.. warm, blissful water.. Here I go into the water...

I am the water! I am everywhere at once! This is incredible! I am the Ocean, the rivers. I am the clouds and I am the trees! I am the mountains. I am everything! I am human and and I am animal and I am vegetation and I am rock! This is incredible. I can't describe it! I have melted into everything. Everything is ALIVE! I am vibrating with LIFE! I FEEL everything! All emotions are mine. All love is mine. I am Love and Love is me. I love you. I love me. I hear everything. It's a perfect symphony! I am one! I am all!

~snap~

I am back in my body lying next to the Hot One. I look at her and cry out. I don't know why I am crying, but I am. I can't keep the cries inside. She, me, you are too beautiful. There is too much depth and beauty for me not to cry.

She turns to me. She is indescribably kind. Everything about her is love and kindness. She is ... is... I cant' describe this - she is love. Bliss. ALIVE! So alive...

My sobs end. I take a deep breath. Oh the delicious breath! Incredible! I didn't realize how sweet breath is. I feel the power and joy of each breath particle, each molecule of air going into my alive body. My body is alive with vibration. All parts of my body are singing! I didn't know they could sing! And the song is breathtaking! It's joyous! It's bliss! bliss bliss.

I take a breath, eternity passes,… I visit each wonder of the cosmos in an instant, I breathe all that is beautiful, all that is sad, the drama of each life plays out before me joyously, tremulously. I live and die myriads of times in myriads of existences, taking place in myriad of worlds, in oceans, in sand. A wave washes over me, I exhale…

Tornado whips by showering me in a wave of sand still counting, as only a child who can't count can, one billion gazillion trillion, 39 billion gazillion trillion, 2 hundred 89 thousand hundred trillion gazillion billion zillion; he scoops and tosses handfuls of sand showering me and the Hot One who smiles sweetly, sizzling each grain into threads of spun glass, which shimmer and fall back to the beach to be swept out to sea by an incoming wave on its way out.

I become aware of a sand crab tickling my toes, I watch as it climbs my leg. It scuttles up my torso and climbs my neck and pauses to whisper into my ear. I hear its crabby little voice say… "breathe". I hear my breath as I inhale and exhale in a long sigh as my air is coming out.... I inhale the present and turn to Hot One in awe of blissful eternity, still hearing the ringing of its song through my being…thrilling my fibers of existence.

"I... I.." I hopelessly begin, "didn't know!"

She nodded.

"I didn't know you cared so much?!" I finally managed to say, "I .. thought you were carefree!"

"The Guru is part of me which cares.
The Guru is the part of me which loves.
The Guru is the part of me which sings to you.
The Guru is part of me which unites me and you!"


~~~~~

Guru Nanak's Jap Ji, stanza #5
The immaculate and pure One cannot be established or created.
Those who serve, experience the One. O Nanak, sing of the One, the treasure of excellence.

Sing ... and listen, and let your mind be filled with love. Your pain will be replaced with peace.
The all-pervading Guru's Word is the sound-current of the Naad and the wisdom of the Vedas.

The Guru is Shiva, Vishnu, Brahma, Paarvati and Lakhshmi.
The True One cannot be described in words even by those who know.

The Guru has given me this one understanding: may I never forget the giver of all souls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome.

Anonymous said...

Good post.