7/19/17

Jap Ji, 33 (aakhan jor chupai neh jor)


Seeker and Seeker's soul's had a conversation - here is the transcript:

Seeker: What do you do on a daily basis?
Soul: I watch you joyfully.

Seeker: That's it?
Soul: Yes.

Seeker: What do you know?
Soul: I know that God is the real doer, so all I got to do is watch and enjoy.

Seeker: How big is God?
Soul: Unbelievably big, yet completely small too. In fact so small that all of God fits in this moment.

Seeker: You are kidding!
Soul: No I am not.  God is here and God is now. I would suggest you don't worry about God's qualities, since words can't describe God.

Seeker: What do I need to worry about?
Soul: Nothing!  But here is what you need to do.  You need to drop your "otherness".  I (another part of you) enjoys life infinity more than you do because you are always worried about non existing things.

Seeker: Like?
Soul: Like the future, past and whether you are living a good life or not.

Seeker: Am I?
Soul: There is no good or bad life, there is only awesome life!

Seeker: How can I become more like you?
Soul: That is not a good question. Think about it and ask again.

Seeker: Ok, how do I become you?
Soul: Good question. As you are already me but you think you are something else, I would say, simply drop your otherness.

Seeker: How?
Soul: Naam.  Our guru is Guru Nanak and Nanak's way is that of devotional awareness.   So meditate on naam with devotion,  and might I add meditate on naam urgently.  Imagine if someone said tomorrow will not come, since tonight the world will end, how would you meditate then?

Seeker: Oh wow, you asked me a question for once!  Well, I would meditate on naam like there is no tomorrow.

Soul: Exactly, meditate on naam like there is no tomorrow.

Seeker: What does naam do?
Naam brings you here.  Naam is the most potent form of God.  All joy is naam.  All things have joy in them because they are made of naam.  You are attracted to things because of the naam inside them. Our Guru Nanak says to become immersed in naam instead of seeking its' reflections.  And naam is an unimaginable fountain of joy.  You have tasted it (and so has everybody else) but you have tasted it unconsciously,  our Nanak says taste it consciously now and it becomes pure nectar.  I can go on forever, literally :) but I won't, now go and become me.  Bye!

The One alone has the power to do anything - the One watches over all.
O Nanak, no one is high or low.
----- Guru Nanak, Jap Ji, 33rd pauri


No comments: