4/20/08

Essence 10 - Departure

Something inside has changed. There is a feeling inside. I’m not sure why I feel like weeping so much. Everything is here. We get up everyday, do meditation. Life is full. My heart is full; so full it is spilling over again and I can’t stop the tears from flowing.

I spent the afternoon with Sat Kartar Singh, he is moving to another country. He has duties to serve others in the world. I never really realized how important he was. He was so humble and treated us just like his own, always kept us close. It turns out that he is one of the most highly respected spiritual teachers alive at this time. I didn’t find that out from him, rather some very self-important fellows who came to collect him. He cleaned their shoes, when they were busy with arrangements.

When he said goodbye, I clung to him like a child, wrapping myself into his hug and weeping. He squeezed me hard and whispered, “SatNaam - your essence is Truth!”

It was as if he had squeezed the false self out of me – I realized the farmer who I and everybody knew as me was just a temporary covering over me. I had had many temporary coverings before – queen, thief and countless others. The current covering of the farmer was going to go away one day, but I wasn’t. I, the real me, was ageless – the farmer was surely going to die but I wasn’t!

He let go of me and I stared at him breathlessly. I silently bowed my head to him. He smiled and said, “The Guru’s Word, my friend, the Guru’s Word is the magic!”

As he was walking away and was almost out of sight, he turned around and pointed to me. I shook my head because I did not understand; he shouted “Eyes – look in your eyes.”

I ran inside and looked in the mirror – my eyes, they were awake!

No comments: