4/16/08

Warrior 2 - Sword

Without answering, my guide motioned me to accompany him. We went to another castle - it looked very similar to the first one, yet something was very different here - there was a mighty battle going on!

The five dark creatures were present but they didn't look strong and mighty as before; rather they were weak and exhausted. Their faces were washed with fear and three of them were lying on the ground in submission. It looked as if an army of thousand had descended upon the creatures. But to my great surprise, there was only one man who was fighting all of these creatures. The man wore a white turban and a blue robe. His face was shining with determination and was a warrior in the true sense of the word - as agile as a deer yet as powerful as a lion.

In his hands, he held a rather strange-looking sword. This sword was sharp on both sides and it shone with a brightness that I had not witnessed before. He was using the double-edged sword to strike the dark creatures. With each strike they fell down but then would stagger up again to fight him. But his sword was a magic sword - with each strike, the creature grew weaker while the sword became more powerful and bright. It was as if the sword was seeping the strength of the creatures into itself.

With a loud cry of pain, the fourth dark creature fell into submission. The last creature left was the most powerful and cunning - he would hide and come back in many forms - sometimes a hissing snake, sometimes a hellish devil, sometimes an alluring maiden, sometimes a feeble old man and sometimes a wailing old woman.

However Warrior was no fool! It looked as though the most adept teacher had trained him. He would let the creature get close to him and then would strike him down again and again. It was no secret that before long the last creature would surrender and the castle would belong to the warrior.

I was fascinated with the warrior's power and asked, "What gives him so much strength?" My guide pointed to the double-edged magic sword in the warrior's hand and said, "Sword of SatNaam."

Soon the last creature surrendered and lay on the ground. Warrior quickly turned around and headed into the castle.

My guide called out to the warrior, "Sir, a moment please." To my astonishment, Warrior turned around to look at us - he gave us a slight bow of his head and said, "I must hurry!"

My guide quickly said, "Please Sir, could you please tell us about yourself?"

Warrior laughed as if this was the most impossible request. Turning around, he dreamily said, "Not now, it is time for me to meet my beloved."

My guide called out, "Please ... in the name of your Guru."

Immediately Warrior turned around and knelt on one of his knees. Bowing his head in humility, he said, "I am a servant of the one who utters my Guru's name. What do you wish from me?"

My guide said, "If you could tell about how you became such a warrior..."

...next part

No comments: