4/16/08

Warrior 7 - Guru

The Guru had blossomed spring within me after a long and deadly winter. The Guru had turned a dry well into an ocean of bliss. The Guru had replaced my darkness with overflowing colors.

The Guru spoke - the Guru's voice was soft wind through the trees; it was morning sun shining through the twilight; it was creek water dancing over pebbles.

He said, "You are now stronger than a thousand lions, you now have more compassion than a thousand mother's hearts, you are now higher than the highest Himalayas peak. You are now Khalsa - the pure one. Go and defeat the five and enter the Realm of Truth."

Saying that, he turned around to go.

Although I was his servant now and the work of a servant is to obey and obey only, the dread of him leaving broke my will and in desperation, I caught his angelic hand. I held his long and beautiful hand close to my face. I kissed his soft and wonder-filled hand.

Tears freely flowed from my eyes. My heart sobbed and begged him to take me with him. I wanted to sing my loyalty to him. I wanted to say,

Don't leave me, my Lord.
You are my heart now.
You are my breath now.
You are my very being now.

I don't know how to reach you
But nothing else satisfies
After loving you
All else is death and lies

Cruel ... Kind
Wake me .. Love me ... Then leave me behind
Do you know how many lifetimes I waited for you
How many lifetimes to hear and utter WaheGuru

I can't reach you!
I can't reach you and so I die
It hurts so much inside even to cry
I try to drown my sorrow, but nothing satisfies

I'm left alone in the dark without your light
Hopelessly waiting for some spark to ignite
And light up my heart once more
With the love that lies behind the hidden door

Forsaken, alone, forlorn, I weep and pine
I die a thousand deaths with every breath
Waiting for such love as satisfies
Why should I not die of weeping until thou comest into my mind

But I could not utter a single word. I could neither confess my love for him nor my dread of his absence.

All I managed to utter was, "Mercy!"

…next part

No comments: