4/20/08

Essence 2 – Thief

Screaming, I woke up. Instinctively, my hand went to the back of my head. Surprisingly, there was no blood there.

The gang member sleeping next to me angrily slapped me for disturbing him. The slap brought me back to reality. A sigh partly of regret and partly of relief escaped my mouth. I wasn’t a royal queen, rather just a street thief. I lay down again and thinking how real the dream had been, dozed off.

That night we bust open a jewelry shop. Unluckily the police was in the area. Before we realized it, they were upon us. I ran but my foot slipped on the pavement. I fell down and hit my arm heavily against the gutter. A police officer came and grabbed me by my neck. There was no hope now - I would be badly beaten and locked up for months or even years.

The police officer ordered me to strip off my clothes; right there on the street! I spat at him. I felt his baton hit the right side of my skull...

…next part

No comments: