4/20/08

Essence 6 - Songs

At last, came the day when I would again meet with Sat Kartar Singh. Carefully we prepared, bathing and dressing in our finest clothes, we approached his house. He greeted us and motioned us to sit close to the people performing the singing. Looking around I noticed right away, that the others dressed very simply.

Sat Kartar Singh sat in front of the harmonium; he closed his eyes and began to sing.

The lovers of the Guru’s Word remain awake and aware, day and night.
Following the Guru’s teachings, they know the Love of the True One (sggs 1024 Guru Nanak)


I felt as if he was singing just to me, just for me. I couldn’t take my eyes off his face. It was incredibly beautiful, bathed in light, it made me want to weep inside, that there could exist such beauty; all over again my longing started.

As he sang the light around him increased its glow until it shone so brightly that all the others in the room seemed pale and transparent, almost unreal and unmoving. It was as if only the two of us existed, and were real, the others were merely a background on which we were painted in golden bright light.

After an undetermined amount of time, his song came to an end. I was filled up inside with beauty. I longed to ask him many questions. He just looked at me with his deeply aware, awake eyes and nodded.

…next part

No comments: