4/16/08

Leper 4 - Spring

Sunlight on my face brought me back to this world। They had departed - a pain shot through me at seeing the bed empty. For a moment I wanted to run and find him, but the quietness of the trees told me they had already gone far.

Slowly I got up from the spot in which I had spent the joyful night। What a night, I thought; the trees were certainly justified in singing about spring - he was spring. For a brief moment I thought this was all a dream - perhaps I was still in a dream. But instantly I realized this was real - on the bed lay a small book. With excitement, I picked it up - it was the verses his companion had recited.

I quickly read the first page and turned it। My heart missed a beat - it was the sight of my hand - its sores were dry!

I carefully put the book back on the bed and with trembling hand and heart examined my body। Yes, all my sores were either dry or were drying up. He had cured me!

He, the angel of the One, had cured me। He had come to my unclean abode and purified me. Tears welled up in me when I thought of his mercy. Me, a sinner's sinner, an unclean, filthy untrue animal had been touched by his grace.

I bowed to the book, I lovingly kissed it, I pressed it against my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this!
*8*